Hey peeps! I'm back! I'm so sorry I've been gone, April was a whirlwind with work, events, and general life just taking over. Also, I was starstruck and not capable of doing ANYTHING after meeting Jules from Sincerely Jules in person a few days ago. But I'm back and today, we're talking beauty.
With warm weather steadily making it's way into our days and with my vacation to Mexico that happens to be right around the corner, I wanted to chat with y'all about how I keep myself glowy, hydrated, and natural looking while my toes are in the sand. There is nothing I hate more than caking on makeup and doing up my hair after I've spent all day perfecting my tan and getting those enviable salty beach waves. So I'm going to show y'all my favorite products that enhance those vacation vibes while away and recreate them when you're back at home.
1) Bioderma Micellar Water: I love this product because it is so gentle but so effective. Micellar water is usually a scent free, color free sensitive face cleanser. You can apply with a cotton pad or pour a bit in your hands and massage on your face, no washing off required! It will effectively wash away impurities like sunscreen and sea salt.
2) ColourPop x Revolve Contour Kit: Okay listen, I know I said I hate caking on makeup but this contour kit is far from cakey. It's super cream formula makes it super easy to apply and a no brainer over fresh skin or a light tinted moisturizer for a natural night out glow.
3) Coola Lip Care: I love double love this Coola lipcare. The chapstick-like formula is tinted with a berry pink color and also provides serious SPF so you can wear it to the pool or beach and not feel like you're wearing a full on lipstick but provide a little pop of color.
4) R+Co Salt Spray: Did you know that "beach waves" is one of the most popular searches on Pinterest and #beachwaves has almost one million tags on Insta? It's no surprise that this is the hairstyle everybody wants these days. Pro tip: After you've spent all day in the waves, don't wash your hair! Simply rinse it, apply a conditioning treatment to the very ends of your hair, rinse, and let air dry. Once your hair is dried, run your wand or curler through your hair to make messy waves and add a spritz of salt spray for perfect beachy waves.
5) Samba Foot Fetish Cream: Most everybody knows that bummer feeling of getting a fresh pedi, heading out barefoot into the sand, and then looking down at dry cracked feet. This cream is the perfect end of the night ritual. For best results, soak your toots in warm water, use a pumice stone to scrape away dead skin, and then grab your S.O. and ask for a foot rub with the help of Samba!
6) Moroccan Shimmering Body Oil: Okay, I think this is such a sexy product. I don't even feel like you have to be on vacay to use it. It's a deep bronze color that seamlessly blends on to skin and reveals a glowy complexion. If you're extra fair like me, I add a few drops to my everyday body lotion. But can't you just imagine putting this all over, wearing a little sexy dress, and going out dancing and drinking? Like YES, sign me up.
7) Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: This tinted moisturizer is such an A+ product. A little goes a long way and is very buildable so you can easily use it for everything from just covering up redness and basic discoloration to a full-coverage foundation. Like I said, I despise caking on makeup which is why this product is always in my bag because it feels like a second skin.
8) Kai Body Glow: You guys.... if there is one product to buy, it's this. Holy woaaaah it's dreamy. It's a clear, sheen, body oil that smells like gardenias and sea salt and everything good in the world. My husband and I will even give each other back rubs with this stuff because it doesn't cause breakouts, smells divine, and a little goes a loooong way. Perfect for dry skin needing a punch of hydration.
9) Coola Sport Stick Sunscreen: Coola has been a company I've been very proud to work with for sometime now. Their products never disappoint and I love a good tried and true line. So when I got this sport stick, I was hooked. It isn't chalky and it lasts during my runs and tanning by the pool just the same, sweat and all. This is the perfect product to have when exploring a new town under the sun. Keep that face protected!
10) 100% Pure Cheek and Lip Tint: Okay, bible, this is the last time I'll say it but I HATE CAKING ON MAKEUP WHILE ON VACATION! This is one of those products that I am forever grateful for. I feel like my makeup bag for my trip will be tinted moisturizer, a killer highlighter, brown water proof mascara, and this. This two-in-one dream product is as creamy as they come and is way more sheer than it looks. When applied, blend blend blend (!!!) with your fingers along the apple of your cheeks and over your pretty little pout to get that spent in the sunshine/just kissed look everybody dreams of.
11) Patchology CloudMasque: Last and certainly not least, this sleep masque is a miracle worker. I love a good skincare ritual. For me on a nightly basis, I wash with my foaming cleanser and Clarisonic, tone with a glycolic acid, apply a Vitamin C serum, and then slather this bad boy all over my face, neck, and décolletage. But while I'm on island time, I try and do the bare minimum that will pack the most punch possible. So that means micellar water and this masque night cream hybrid. You'll wake up dewy and beaming, trust me.